- The Ultimate Internet Safety Guide for Seniors
- ARMY ADVICE ON MILITARY ROMANCE SCAMS....
- So.. you in love with a handsome soldier?? THINK AGAIN !
- SCAMMERS AND PSYCHOLOGY... The Art of Manipulation...
- 👿THIS IS WHY YOU DO NOT SEND ITUNES, AMAZON AND A...
- Do Your Homework on your Internet Lover!
- 💀REAL FACES OF SCAMMERS BEHIND STOLEN PICTURES.. 3
- 2021 So you think you know who you are talking to? .... THINK AGAIN
Thursday, 19 April 2018
REMEMBER... DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE. Think don't just Look.
SCAMMERS ADVANCE IN USING VIDEO TECHNOLOGY EVERY DAY.... JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING DOES NOT MEAN IT IS REAL... Look at TV programmes.. they can make anything look real.
➡️ONLINE THINGS ARE NOT AS THEY APPEAR⬅️
As technology advances so do the resources scam artists have at their disposal.
Many of us may have seen bad lip reading videos where videos of sports or political figures are taken and recorded with a voice over closely matching their lip movements making it appear as if they were speaking the words.
There are several apps available that makes it easy for anyone to do this. Taking it one step further, voice generator apps are also available so that a voice that sounds like the celebrity's voice can be used. This can trick the viewer into believing the celebrity actually spoke the words.
Using this technology, scammers can record conversational responses. Using such programs as Skype, targets will be contacted and be tricked into believing they are having an actual conversation with their love interest. If glitches appear or the video doesn't match up with the audio, excuses will made such as a connection problem.
❗If you want to try to determine if you are speaking to a live person or watching a recording you can ask a question that is off topic or not pertinent to your conversation such as; what sound does a dog make? or what color is the sky?. If the responses don't match what you are saying it is a good indication that you are being scammed.❗